Stay Healthy On the Clock with Our Work Injury Chiropractors in Altamonte Florida
Injuries can happen anywhere and anytime, especially while at work. Our work injury chiropractors in Altamonte Florida do everything we can to help hardworking people like you get back on their feet.
Common Work-Related Injuries
Injury-causing situations or accidents at work can include slips and falls, heavy lifting, and poor posture/desk set-up. Here are a few of the most common types of work-injuries we see:
- Muscle strains
- Disc herniations or bulges
- Sciatica and radiculopathy
- Spinal joint subluxations/misalignments
- Plantar fasciitis
How to Prevent a Work Injury
- If you sit at work, don't sit too long! Get up at least once per hour and take a walk or do some simple desk stretches to keep your muscles and joints limber (we can show you!).
- Always use good body mechanics when lifting a heavy object: bend your knees, not your back; keep the object close to you; avoid twisting your spine; use tools (or a helping hand) when possible.
- Wear comfortable and sturdy shoes and any required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated and keep your tissues pliable.
- Set up your desk or workspace with good ergonomics: computer monitor should be about an arm's distance away and eye-level; arms should be supported on your desk; lighting should be sufficient.
Why Chiropractic Care is So Helpful for a Workplace Injury
In our experience, people with all sorts of jobs can benefit from chiropractic care. Here are a few reasons why we strongly encourage you to consult with a doctor of chiropractic in Altamonte in the event that you're hurt on the job:
- Our services, including chiropractic adjustments, corrective exercise prescription, and modalities like electrical stimulation, are non-invasive and drug-free, helping you avoid downtime and adverse reactions.
- Chiropractic treatments effectively resolve symptoms like swelling, pain, inflammation, and stiffness. We address both the nervous system and musculoskeletal system in order to resolve acute and chronic issues.
- Missing work due to an injury can be stressful—the last thing you need is added worry. Our affordable and effective services, including massage therapy, promotes better mental health and helps your body do what it does best: heal itself.
- A doctor of chiropractic is an expert in workplace ergonomics evaluation and body mechanics training. We can help you avoid recurring problems by addressing the way you move, sit, and perform work-related tasks.
Hurt on the Job? Reclaim Your Health Naturally With a Work Injury Chiropractor in Altamonte Florida
If you're looking for the best work injury chiropractor Altamonte, Florida has to offer, contact our team here at Beyond Chiropractic. Give us a call today at (407) 261-1001.