Knee Pain Treatment with our Medical Providers
Knees are among the most frequently-cited areas in the body for pain and dysfunction. These hinge joints are essential to our ability to function and are subject to a lot of wear and tear over the years. But people of all ages can experience knee pain and for quite a few different reasons, too. Our Altamonte chiropractor team has worked with hundreds of people from our Florida community suffering from acute or chronic knee issues.
Common Causes of Knee Pain
The causes of knee pain we see in our clinic often include:
- Arthritis (joint inflammation), including osteoarthritis and gout
- Meniscus tears
- Ligament sprains and tears
- Patella tendonitis
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome (aka runner's knee)
- Referred pain from the spine and pelvis area
Depending on the specific nature of a person's knee pain, the condition may be accompanied by additional symptoms such as swelling, redness, and muscle weakness. People who are at greater risk for these issues include certain types of athletes (e.g., runners), people who over- or under-train for a sport or activity, people who are overweight, people who are older (in the case of arthritis), people with certain postural characteristics (e.g., flat feet, wide hips, etc.) and people with a prior history of knee injury.
How a Chiropractor Treats & Prevents Knee Pain
No joint in the body lives in a vacuum—especially the knee joint. What we mean by this is that other factors both "upstream" and "downstream" to the knee will likely impact the presentation and progression of a knee injury, a reality which our Altamonte chiropractor team sees as essential to promoting injury recovery and prevention.
With this in mind, we provide a variety of non-invasive and drug-free services at our chiropractic clinic in Florida to help people of all ages and backgrounds find knee pain relief, including:
- Corrective exercises and postural screenings to improve strength, endurance, and flexibility of supportive muscles and tissues in the hips and legs
- Massage therapy to promote increased circulation of healing blood and lymphatic fluid
- Joint mobilizations, including in the spine and knee, to optimize postural balance, reduce pain, and improve joint movement
- Physical modalities including laser therapy, electrical stimulation, and ultrasound to trigger and guide healing at the cellular level
Are Your Knees Bothering You? Get Natural & Non-Invasive Help with a Knee Pain Chiropractor in Altamonte
If you need a knee pain chiropractor in Altamonte due to an acute or chronic injury affecting one or both knees, then contact Beyond Medical today by calling our friendly office staff at 407-261-1001. Our team would be happy to help you get back into shape and feeling better than ever. Come see how far we can help you go!