Sharp, shooting pains radiating down your leg is often a sign of sciatica. The medical team at Beyond Medical is one of Altamonte Springs, Florida’s only clinics offering advanced treatments for sciatica pain. Once you begin treatment, you notice fewer issues with sciatica, as well as a decrease in your pain.
- FREE CONSULT: 407-261-1001
Why do I have sciatica?
Sciatica is the term that describes inflammation to your sciatic nerve, which is your body’s largest nerve. It runs all the way down one of your legs and into your foot. Because inflammation of any nerve is never a good sign, you need to determine the cause of your pain. You can wind up with sciatica if you have:
- A ruptured or bulged disc
- Narrowing in your spinal canal
- Bone spurs
- Pinched nerves
Pregnant women are also prone to suffering from sciatica, because of temporary, extra pressure on the nerve.
How do I know if I have sciatica?
The only way to know for certain is to visit one of the physicians at Beyond Medical. But you may suspect you have sciatica if you regularly have:
- Pain that starts in your buttock and runs down your leg
- Weakness or numbness in your leg, foot, or toes
- Radiating pain that makes walking or standing difficult
- Burning sensations down your leg